Wednesday 27 July 2016

Peace and friendship

This first photo was taken when I was at conference at the beginning of July.  It is a plaque on the wall at the side of Westminster Central Hall and I thought it was highly appropriate for our modern times as it commemorates a meeting of the United Nations in 1946 praying for peace on earth.  How we still need that 70 years on from that meeting.
 
While in Ireland a couple of weeks ago we had the privilege of joining in worship at Killarney Methodist Church.  As we chatted to the preacher after the service I realised that I will be meeting her again at the Methodist Women in Ireland conference which I will be attending in September.  Part of my new role is to continue to build links with the Methodist Women in Ireland and it is something I am really looking forward to.  I have already met some amazing women from the church in Ireland and am excited about working together more in the future. 
 


 

 
 
This final pic was taken when I was kissing the Blarney Stone at Blarney castle...it's meant to help you have the gift of eloquence!  Ha!  Hopefully it'll help loosen my tongue and not be so shy!! Hehe!
 
 
Next week Mark and I are heading off to Uganda for a week's mission trip so if you see this in time please remember us in your prayers.  More will follow on that, hopefully while we are there if I get wifi!  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment