Friday 1 July 2016

A week of children's work

I've been home for the past week and have had a full week of different children's activities which has been fun but exhausting!

I went into our local primary school (where I am a governor) on Monday for a learning walk and got to visit several classrooms and read some of the children's super writing.   It's always such a privilege to visit the school and a relief to me that I am no longer in full time teaching! 

On Tuesday we had our summer service for our local pre-schools and had great fun thinking about our pets and all the animals that help us, remembering that Jesus is our friend and always with us.

Wednesday was our 'Ark' toddler group where I am gradually learning the names of the parents and children and then yesterday we hosted our monthly 'Messy Church' and had the most we've ever had attending...over 33 children and 20 adults...it was a joyful and noisy few hours of chaos and fun as we  thought about the story of Jesus calming the storm and made lots of seasidey crafts.

One of the great things was that as parents and children arrived for Messy Church I realised that I already knew most of them from school, Pre-school or Ark and it made me realise just how settled into Kingsbridge we have become in the past two and half years and how many people we now know.  

I'm now on the way to London for my first ever visit to Methodist conference and looking forward to catching up with people I know from all over the country (and world) and meeting lots of new people...hopefully I won't be having to clean up paint and play dough for a few days!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment