Wednesday 31 August 2016

News from Houston

I arrived in Houston, Texas on Monday for the World Assembly of the Federation of Methodust and Uniting Church women and the World Methodist Council which are running in parallel.  It's amazing to be here with people from all over the world, to meet new people and catch up with people I've met before.  The programme is busy and full on but already I have enjoyed some wonderful experiences and feel privileged to be here.  My official induction will take place on Friday evening and then my new role officially begins...at last!  After 20 months of waiting and shadowing my time has come!  Here are a few photos...
View from the hotel roof

A group of ladies from Singapore sharing a dance.
I ran into Yonette, a lady I knew from Guyana! Amazing! 


A large group from Zimbabwe leading us in singing


1 comment:

  1. We are praying that you would be blessed in abundance! Enjoy the fellowship! X

    ReplyDelete