Monday 5 September 2016

More Houston Happenings!

All the new world Area officers at our induction service
The past 8 days have been so busy I have hardly had time to breathe as I've been attending meetings and sessions from morning till night.  I have met some wonderful people from around the world and learned so much about the variety of cultures and nations represented.  

On Friday night I was installed as the British Area Officer for the World Federation of Methodist and Uniting Church Women, and Vice President for the Britain and Ireland Area.  I will be working over the next five years with Louise Wilson from Ireland who is the President of the Britain and Ireland Area and thankfully we get on with each other like a house on fire and I think we're going to have a lot of fun!  

On Saturday we had a few free hours and were taken to the NASA Space Station for a visit.  It was an amazing opportunity and awesome to see the mission control centre from where the Apollo space missions were conducted.  

Yesterday and today I have been wearing my other hat as I attend the World Methodist Council.  This council comprises Christians from various parts of the Methodist family and we are all part of standing committees looking at some global issues from many perspectives.  

I feel as though I have been away from home for months and feel a bit homesick especially as I'm missing out on all the new beginnings with Mark’s new church at Ivybridge, and I'm so looking forward to heading home tomorrow.  It will be good to spend some time processing all I have learnt and experienced and catching up with my sleep! 

Mission Control

NASA visit

A session of the World Methodist Council.

A very important certificate.

Meeting of the old and new executives of the WFM&UCW 

Louise and I relaxing after a busy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment